At Break Time, we believe it only takes a moment to make someone's day better. We’re looking for friendly, genuine people to join our team and show customers that not all convenience stores are the same.
A Break Time Management Trainee helps to ensure store objectives are met through a trained and knowledgeable staff, with a team that operates following company policies and procedures to ensure safety, maximum sales and profitability while developing in training. A Management Trainee must help create the culture and standards of excellence that results in fast and friendly service in clean and well merchandised stores.
We offer competitive wages, pay raises after 90 days, flexible schedules, friendly work environments, free drinks while on duty and much more! If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, apply today!
Break Time is a service of MFA Oil Company and is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Train to manage a Break Time store to assume full responsibility for operation, including proper execution of marketing initiates and implementation of new programs once successful completion of training is accomplished and a manager position is available.
• Consistently and courteously greet and thank each customer and provide fast and friendly customer service.
• Train and promote sales through use of suggestive selling techniques as instructed by store manager.
• Conduct efficient and accurate sales transactions; notify store manager of any sales, cash or operating discrepancies; generate accurate and legible shift reports.
• Handle complaints courteously and efficiently per company policy.
• Maintain a clean environment, using company guidelines. Always clean when time allows.
• Know and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Utilize and perform all duties on the company checklists to meet consistent adherence to policies, procedures and expectations.
• Adhere and ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations.
• Follow posted work schedule, and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep store manager informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Learn and perform all necessary merchandising duties per company policy and procedure; including, but not limited to proper pricing, knowledge and implementation of promotions and sales, suggestive selling, proper vendor check in, stocking merchandise, including the cooler, and keeping all merchandise clean, fronted and faced.
• Assist in the proper training of new employees as needed.
• Attend and participate in all required training.
• Complete required daily, weekly, monthly paperwork, counts, price surveys and bank deposits by appropriate deadlines.
• Learn and assist in performing all related human resources duties including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, evaluating employees and completing administrative functions for assigned store.
• Learn and assist in the timely execution of all aspects of marketing programs in assigned area.
• Maintain internal and external store appearance to comply with Break Time standards.
• Assist in meeting or exceeding company goals of controllable expenses including but not limited to labor, supplies, inventory and cash loss.
• Successful completion of Break Time Store Manager training program
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School graduate or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• One to three years of management experience preferred
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations to make change, complete shift reports and account for numbers of products during vendor check in.
• Ability to accurately and quickly operate specific cash register in assigned store.
• Ability to take deposits to the bank and perform price surveys.
• Lift, reach, stoop and or bend to retrieve products and supplies from shelves, under counters or stacks of inventory weighing up to 50lbs.
• Push a broom, and/or mop when cleaning. Must also be able to reach, bend, scrub, etc. when performing cleaning duties.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Climb step ladder for cleaning purposes and for retrieving items.
• No felony convictions to comply with Lottery sales regulations
• Ability to work any shift, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
• Must be able to withstand temperatures as low as 31 degrees Fahrenheit for periods of time up to an hour, for purposes of stocking the cooler and temperatures as low as 0 degrees for a period of up to 10 minutes when stocking the freezer.
• Ability to work well with others
• Ability to work at a fast pace
• Ability to perform detail work with accuracy
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Sales abilities
• Enthusiastic Personality