Are you an automotive enthusiast looking for a place where you can put your mechanical skills and knowledge to good use? Our Big O Tires team may be the place for you. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to be successful and provide ample opportunities for growth and advancement. No matter where you are in your career, we can help you drive it forward.
We offer competitive pay, training, paid overtime and a range of benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, apply today!
Big O Tires is a service of MFA Oil Company and is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consistently and courteously greet and thank each customer and provide fast and friendly customer service.
• Promote sales through explaining benefits of service and products to customers.
• Maintain a clean environment, using company guidelines. Always clean when time allows.
• Maintain internal and external store appearance to comply with Big O Tires standards.
• Know and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Utilize and perform all duties on the company checklists to meet consistent adherence to policies, procedures and expectations.
• Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations.
• Follow posted work schedule, and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Perform all necessary sales duties per company policy and procedure; including, but not limited to proper pricing, knowledge and implementation of promotions and sales, suggestive selling, proper vendor check in, stocking merchandise.
• Assist in the proper training of new employees as needed.
• Safely operate customer vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions.
• Drain oil and change oil filter; lubricate vehicles; install, rotate and balance tires and properly torque wheels; check and fill various fluids; check and replace various filters and lights.
• Unload transport trucks and warehouse tires and inspect disposed tires for adjustment and for good used tires and dispose of other tires to the proper area.
• Clean facilities, tools and equipment; and stock shelves.
• Complete all required training in a timely manner.
• Maintain good working relationship with all employees.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record preferred
• Comply with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) regulations
• Must be able to safely operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
• Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 75 pounds.
• Vision, hearing, speech and ability to detect odors are essential.
• Job requires contact with hazardous materials, driving and working in adverse weather conditions.
• Must meet Company requirements, including successful background and MVR check, and drug test.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential
• Ability to work at a fast pace
• Ability to work weekends
• Sales abilities
• Enthusiastic Personality
• Ability to follow instruction from your supervisor
• Ability to follow all safety requirements