MFA Oil Company is a growing, farmer-owned energy supply cooperative with a long record of success. Founded in 1929, we have grown to become one of the country’s leading propane, refined fuel and lubricant suppliers and we are looking for people with the right blend of experience and knowledge to join our team.
A Service Technician will service and install propane, refined fuel, and lubricant systems, operate and maintain truck in a safe manner and assist the Regional Service Manager in attaining assigned goals for safety, installations, and training.
We offer competitive compensation plans, profit sharing and affordable benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, join the MFA Oil team today!
MFA Oil Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide prompt and efficient service to all customers, including installation of tanks (propane, refined fuel, and lubricant) and service of existing equipment and systems.
• Clean and maintain equipment assigned to position.
• Operate in a safe manner at all times according to company safety procedures.
• Make sure all “out of gas” calls are handled according to the company’s procedures.
• Provide home office with required information and records on a timely basis.
• Inspect all customer installations, tanks, pumps, regulators, lines, etc., assuring safe, dependable operation.
• Troubleshoot, Diagnose and repair system and equipment issues as assigned.
• Maintain inventory of parts and equipment.
• Ensure all customer documentation is completed, including JOT 4, credit application, propane tank lease and transfers.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of all fixed assets assigned to the plant, including loaned customer equipment.
• Assist Plant manager in establishing all eligible customers as members.
• Deliver refined fuel and propane products as needed and assigned by the Logistics Center.
• Communicate any necessary changes and/or issues directly to supervisor.
• Operate vehicle safely, according to policies and guidelines set forth by law or by MFA Oil Company.
• Provide feedback to supervisor regarding customer needs.
• Properly use handheld systems as needed.
• Follow policy on barcode usage.
• Communicate any issues as they relate to safety or efficiencies to supervisor for both trucks and equipment.
• Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections and report any truck safety issues immediately to supervisor.
• Be knowledgeable about all products and services offered by company.
• Present a positive image of MFA Oil Company to the community.
• Support and understand company policies and procedures and can communicate those to customers as needed.
• Relay all customer inquiries to supervisor and appropriate Plant Manager.
• Responsible for identifying and informing supervisor of additional training needs.
• Responsible for maintaining all required certifications.
• Responsible for maintaining truck in a neat and clean condition.
• In slower times, perform additional work (tank painting, plant maintenance).
• Maintain good working relationship with all employees.
• Know and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Follow posted work schedule, and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
• Training and/or experience in truck and equipment maintenance.
• CDL with Tanker, Air Brake, and HAZMAT Endorsements. MFA Oil hires and employs as drivers to transport hazardous materials in interstate deliveries only those drivers who are DOT-qualified, without condition or exemption. Drivers that hold an exemption for DOT qualification will be considered for employment where it is expected that they will only make intrastate deliveries.
• Propane certified as determined by the state that is serviced.
• Must be able to safely operate an automatic and manual transmission tankwagon or bobtail.
• Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 100 pounds.
• Vision, hearing, speech and ability to detect odors are essential.
• Job requires contact with hazardous materials, driving and working in adverse weather conditions.
• Work scheduled overtime and be available for on-call rotation for emergency overtime when the need arises by responding to overtime call outs before and after standard scheduled hours of work.
• Must meet DOT and Company requirements, including successful background check, drug test and road test.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential
• Ability to work under timelines and pressure.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work at a fast pace
• Sales abilities
• Enthusiastic Personality
• Ability to follow instruction from your supervisor
• Ability to follow all safety requirements