Are you an automotive enthusiast looking for a place where you can put your mechanical skills and knowledge to good use? Our Big O Tires team may be the place for you. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to be successful and provide ample opportunities for growth and advancement. No matter where you are in your career, we can help you drive it forward.
A Big O Tire Assistant Store Manager will be responsible for supervising the operations and performing the customer service duties in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with all company programs, policies and procedures, ensuring proper customer education and follow thru on customer maintenance and repairs.
We offer competitive pay, training, paid overtime and a range of benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, apply today!
Big O Tires is a service of MFA Oil Company and is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Consistently and courteously greet and thank each customer and provide fast and friendly customer service.
• Promote sales through explaining benefits of service and products to customers.
• Perform vehicle inspections and print vehicle owner’s manual maintenance requirements and prioritize and promote needed products and services with customers and management.
• Perform all necessary sales duties per company policy and procedure; including, but not limited to proper pricing, knowledge and implementation of promotions and sales, suggestive selling, proper vendor check in, stocking merchandise.
• Responsible for execution of all company programs, policies, and procedures.
• Responsible for all management functions in the absence of the Store Manager.
• Performs all aspects of store operations including but not limited to sales, office, and shop management.
• Assists in training and the execution of all company programs, policies, and procedures.
• Provides guidance to staff in the resolution of difficult questions or customer concerns.
• Attends and may assist in the presentation of weekly store meetings to review safety issues, store policies, procedures, and product information changes as required.
• Along with Store Manager, sets goals and strategies to ensure the successful accomplishment of budgeted sales goals, gross profit percentages, expense control and payroll objectives.
• Assists Store Manager in reviewing and analyzing profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and payroll projections.
• Helps to monitor employee productivity in accordance to established policy.
• Assists in maintaining all accounts receivable and the collections of past due accounts when necessary.
• Ensures prompt and consistent opening and closing of location based on store hours of operation.
• Helps oversee daily cash handling to ensure opening and closing drawer balances out; coordinates and verifies bank deposit daily as needed.
• Conducts work order reviews for accuracy.
• Assists Store Manager with inventory replenishment bi-weekly and with month end physical inventory.
• Assists Store Manager in completing any necessary reports or providing information to company personnel as directed in a timely manner.
• Assists in organizing, documenting, and processing of all adjustments.
• Conduct efficient and accurate sales transactions; notify supervisor of any sales, cash or operating discrepancies.
• Managing ticket average and profitability and assist store manager in meeting company expectations.
• Maintaining the appearance of the facilities and protecting the assets of the company.
• Must be able to have effective relationships with customers and store staff and can motivate employees to deliver positive customer experiences to the customers.
• Must ensure equipment maintenance schedules are maintained.
• Handle complaints courteously and efficiently per company policy.
• Maintain a clean environment, using company guidelines. Always clean when time allows.
• Maintain internal and external store appearance to comply with Big O Tires standards.
• Utilize and perform all duties on the company checklists to meet consistent adherence to policies, procedures and expectations.
• Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations.
• Follow posted work schedule, and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Assist in the proper training of new employees as needed.
• Safely operate customer vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions.
• Clean facilities, tools and equipment; and stock shelves.
• Complete all required training in a timely manner.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
• Two years of experience in the retail or sales industry preferred
• One year of sales or automotive shop environment experience required.
• Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record preferred.
• Comply with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) regulations.
• Must be able to safely operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
• Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 75 pounds.
• Vision, hearing, speech and ability to detect odors are essential.
• Job requires contact with hazardous materials, driving and working in adverse weather conditions.
• Must meet Company requirements, including successful background and MVR check, and drug test.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential
• Ability to work at a fast pace
• Ability to effectively lead a team
• Ability to work weekends
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Sales abilities
• Enthusiastic Personality
• Ability to follow instruction from your supervisor
• Ability to follow all safety requirements
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently; manage multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality work