Join a leader in the quick lube industry for a fast-paced, fun work environment. Our Jiffy Lube team is looking for people with a heart for service and who customers can count on to get the job done. Our training program can help you build the skills you need to put your career in the fast lane.
A Jiffy Lube Technician provides fast, friendly and accurate service and installation activities to all Jiffy Lube customers and follows all company policies and procedures to ensure proper and efficient operation of his or her shift.
We offer competitive pay, training, paid overtime and a range of benefit options. If you want to work for a family-oriented company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, apply today!
Jiffy Lube is a service of MFA Oil Company and is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consistently and courteously greet and thank each customer and provide fast and friendly customer service.
• Promote sales through explaining benefits of service and products to customers.
• Conduct efficient and accurate sales transactions; notify manager of any sales, cash or operating discrepancies.
• Handle complaints courteously and efficiently per company policy.
• Maintain a clean environment, using company guidelines. Always clean when time allows.
• Maintain internal and external store appearance to comply with Jiffy Lube standards.
• Know and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Utilize and perform all duties on the company checklists to meet consistent adherence to policies, procedures and expectations.
• Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations.
• Follow posted work schedule, and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Perform all necessary sales duties per company policy and procedure; including, but not limited to proper pricing, knowledge and implementation of promotions and sales, suggestive selling, proper vendor check in, stocking merchandise.
• Assist in the proper training of new employees as needed.
• Safely operate customer vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions.
• Drain oil and change oil filter; lubricate vehicles; clean windows; inflate tires; vacuum vehicles; check and fill various fluids; check and replace various filters and lights.
• Look up information for various applications; operate point-of-sale computer system.
• Clean facilities, tools and equipment; and stock shelves.
• Complete all required training in a timely manner.
• Maintain good working relationship with all employees.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record preferred
• Comply with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) regulations
• Must be able to safely operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
• Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 75 pounds.
• Vision, hearing, speech and ability to detect odors are essential.
• Job requires contact with hazardous materials, driving and working in adverse weather conditions.
• Must meet Company requirements, including successful background and MVR check, and drug test.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential
• Ability to work at a fast pace
• Ability to work weekends
• Sales abilities
• Enthusiastic Personality
• Ability to follow instruction from your supervisor
• Ability to follow all safety requirements