MFA Oil Company is a growing, farmer-owned energy supply cooperative with a long record of success. Founded in 1929, we have grown to become one of the country’s leading propane, refined fuel and lubricant suppliers and we are looking for people with the right blend of experience and knowledge to join our team.
The Management Trainee will learn to supervise assigned refined fuel and/or propane operations in a district to ensure daily deliveries are completed as expected and our customers are serviced with the highest standards, while ensuring the safety of our equipment and employees.
We offer competitive compensation plans, profit sharing and affordable benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, join the MFA Oil team today!
MFA Oil Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Work with manager and district manager to learn and accomplish the following:
-Pricing of gasoline, diesel fuel and propane at all locations, including special prices and any allowable discounts.
-Participate in the preparation of annual budgets for sales, expenses and additions to fixed assets at plant(s).
-Submit sales goals for propane, refined oils, motor oils and greases.
-Supervise and evaluate customer service representative(s).
-Train customer service representative(s) in the safe handling and dispensing of petroleum products, especially propane.
• Work with manager and district manager and employees to assure the following aspects of each plant’s business activity are accomplished:
-Daily sales reporting and deposits
-Work with Service team to ensure timely installation of all customer propane and refined oil storage tanks
-Work with Service team to provide service, leak testing and inspections of propane systems
-Timely follow-up on customer complaints
-Ensure that no sales are made to customers with past due balances
-Maintain accurate and complete records of all fixed assets, especially equipment loaned to customers
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep management informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties and store operations.
• Ensure the proper training of employees.
• Attend and participate in all required training.
• Know, adhere and enforce company policies and procedures.
• Handle complaints courteously and efficiently according to company policy.
• Learn to manage the day to day operations of the plant, responsibilities include profitability and expense control.
• Work with Dispatch and customer service representatives to assure that sales calls are made and that everyone is actively seeking new customers.
• Learn how to recommend for hire to District Sales Manager, all salesmen, servicemen, and customer service representatives. Conduct interviews and explain company benefits package to potential employees. Explain company policies and safety requirements to new employees.
• Learn how to conduct annual evaluations of direct reports.
• Assist with the paper work for compliance with all DOT and state certification on salesmen and servicemen.
• Assure that all safety policies and procedures are followed
• Review the following policies with all employees:
-Accounts receivable – write collection letters and make personal calls if necessary.
-Current sales programs.
-Condition of equipment and facilities. Arrange for necessary repairs and painting.
• Learn to work closely with delegates. Keep them informed concerning local plant operations and total company operations.
• Assist manager and district manager in planning and conducting local annual bulk plant meetings.
• Attend annual meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree with focus in agriculture or business management preferred.
• At least three years’ experience in the petroleum industry preferred.
• Management experience preferred.
• CDL with Tanker, Air Brake, and HAZMAT Endorsements. MFA Oil hires and employs as drivers to transport hazardous materials in interstate deliveries only those drivers who are DOT-qualified, without condition or exemption. Drivers that hold an exemption for DOT qualification will be considered for employment where it is expected that they will only make intrastate deliveries.
• Propane certified as determined by the state that is serviced or ability to obtain in 90 days of employment.
• Must be able to safely operate an automatic and manual transmission refined fuel and/or propane truck.
• Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 100 pounds.
• Vision, hearing, speech and ability to detect odors is essential
• Job requires contact with hazardous materials, driving and working in adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Work scheduled overtime and be available for on-call rotation for emergency overtime when the need arises by responding to overtime call outs before and after standard scheduled hours of work.
• Must meet DOT and Company requirements including background check, drug test and road test.
• Travel up to 50% required.
• Willingness to relocate upon completion of training to obtain a plant manager position.