MFA Oil Company is a growing, farmer-owned energy supply cooperative with a long record of success. Founded in 1929, we have grown to become one of the country’s leading propane, refined fuel and lubricant suppliers and we are looking for people with the right blend of experience and knowledge to join our team.
The Instructional Development Specialist utilizes learning development tools to design and produce quality training course materials for the MFA Oil University, an online learning management system, to improve individual employee and organizational performance. This person will facilitate content gathering, preparation, design, and implementation of training courses and programs for our diverse business units. Must be able to manipulate content on video, PowerPoint, and other media to create dynamic, interactive, collaborative and interesting course curriculum for our operations.
We offer competitive compensation plans, profit sharing and affordable benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, join the MFA Oil team today!
MFA Oil Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
• Develops and maintains Employee On-boarding programs to include Company Orientation, HR System Training at both Manager/Employee level.
• Develop/maintain training programs for employees and web-based training classes, videos, job-aids, assessments, and practical exams following department standards.
• Support the design and collection of content from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and external resources as needed to create training programs meeting overall learning objectives.
• Confers with SMEs and department managers to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training for employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies and develops the training materials requested.
• Select and coordinate training materials from outside vendors.
• Develops and maintains Manager training on HR-related topics, such as FMLA, Performance Management, Hiring/Separations, and other topics.
• Develops and maintains New Manager Training to ensure all newly appointed Supervisors and Managers receive base-line training in specific procedures, in addition to other general HR training topics.
• Develops and maintains Employee training on HR-related topics or other departmental training requests.
• Develops tests for trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
• Develop and coordinate electronic training programs using training platforms.
• Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
• Monitor, evaluate, or record training activities or program effectiveness.
• Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives.
• Follow posted work schedule, and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Other duties as assigned
• BA/BS in relevant area(Media, Education, Communications) subject area and 3-5 years work or project experience
• Experience with media design, video or film production, marketing, communications preferred
• Background in adult learning, online course development, or instructional design required
• Knowledge of industry trends such as social learning, gamification, informal learning, knowledge retention and mobile strategies
• Excellent written (such as script writing & Knowledge Base articles) and oral communication skills
• Must be able to:
o Capture product screenshots
o Publish Captivate files to video
o Add soundtracks to files
o Time audio to screen motion
• Use Photoshop to modify screenshot data to match course requirements
• Technical understanding of media production and presentation is a plus.
• Expertise with fundamental web development tools for the creation and delivery of online course materials, including HTML5 and CSS3.
• Familiarity with education and teaching.
• Experience with course management systems.
• Experience with graphic and web production tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Captivate, Flash, etc.)
• Experience with video/audio capture and editing tools.
• Experience in both Mac/PC environments.
• Experience with online course quality evaluation rubrics.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Experience in communicating effectively on a departmental and cross-departmental basis.
• Strong project and people management skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work and keep on schedule with minimal supervision.
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
• Ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of time management skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential
• Able to perform detail work with accuracy
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to work at a fast pace.
• Ability to set priorities and goals and develop plans for achieving them.
• Excellent writing skills – including ability to convey material concisely, using proper grammar.
• Excellent verbal skills, to effectively present to individuals, as well as small and large groups.
• Excellent computer skills, specifically in PowerPoint and Adobe, with the ability to learn new software easily.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.