Are you an automotive enthusiast looking for a place where you can put your mechanical skills and knowledge to good use? Our Big O Tires team may be the place for you. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to be successful and provide ample opportunities for growth and advancement. No matter where you are in your career, we can help you drive it forward.
The primary responsibility is to manage a Big O Tire Store which includes controlling costs, managing profitability, training and developing the team of employees, maintaining the appearance of the facilities and ensuring proper operational procedures are followed.
Additional responsibilities include handling customer complaint resolution, daily customer interaction, coaching, directing the team, and executing at 100% of the service standard.
We offer competitive pay, training and a range of benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, apply today!
Big O Tires is a service of MFA Oil Company and is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Performs all aspects of store operations including but not limited to shop, sales, office, and management.
• Promote sales through explaining benefits of service and products to customers.
• Perform vehicle inspections and print vehicle owner’s manual maintenance requirements and prioritize and promote needed products and services with customers and management.
• Perform all necessary sales duties per company policy and procedure; including, but not limited to proper pricing, knowledge and implementation of promotions and sales, suggestive selling, proper vendor check in, stocking merchandise.
• Responsible for staffing the store with adequate personnel, implementing training programs, and execution of all company programs, policies, and procedures.
• Recommends the employment, discipline, wage adjustments, and termination of store personnel and conducts performance evaluations of all store employees within the store.
• Coordinates all aspects of store operations including but not limited to sales, office, and shop management.
• Provides guidance to staff in the resolution of difficult questions or customer concerns.
• Conducts weekly store meetings to review safety issues, store policies, procedures, and product information changes as required.
• Sets goals and strategies to ensure the successful accomplishment of budgeted sales goals, gross profit percentages, expense control, and payroll objectives.
• Reviews and analyzes profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and payroll projections, as well as company P-card reconciliations.
• Monitors employee productivity in accordance to established policy.
• Responsible for maintaining all accounts receivable and the collections of past due accounts when necessary.
• Responsible for proper documentation, filing, and payments of accounts payable to ensure proper tracking and maximum discounts.
• Ensures prompt and consistent opening and closing of location based on store hours of operation.
• Oversees daily cash handling to ensure opening and closing drawer balances out; coordinates and verifies bank deposit on a daily basis.
• Responsible for maintaining and safeguarding company facilities and assets, including receiving in the system, all assets and orders on the same day they are delivered.
• Consistently conducts work order reviews for accuracy.
• Maintains accurate inventories through daily spot checks, bi-weekly re-order, and a complete physical inventory at the end of the month. Any overage or shortage must be reported.
• Responsible for completing any necessary reports or providing information to company personnel as directed in a timely manner.
• Responsible for the processing of all adjustments.
• Verifies all employee purchases, refunds, and customer satisfaction expenditures.
• Recommends and implements merchandising, advertising, and promotions to effectively market product.
• Maintain internal and external store appearance to comply with Big O Tires standards.
• Utilize and perform all duties on the company checklists to meet consistent adherence to policies, procedures and expectations.
• Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations.
• Ensure proper work schedule is followed, and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Properly train new employees and develop the skills of the team.
• Safely operate customer vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions.
• Clean facilities, tools and equipment; and stock shelves.
• Complete all required training in a timely manner.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
• Three years of experience in the retail or sales industry preferred
• One year of sales or automotive shop environment experience required
• One year as a member of the Big O team preferred
• Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record preferred.
• Comply with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) regulations.
• Must be able to safely operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
• Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 75 pounds.
• Vision, hearing, speech and ability to detect odors are essential.
• Job requires contact with hazardous materials, driving and working in adverse weather conditions.
• Must meet Company requirements, including successful background and MVR check, and drug test.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential
• Ability to work at a fast pace
• Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team
• Ability to work weekends
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Sales abilities
• Enthusiastic Personality
• Ability to follow instruction from your supervisor
• Ability to follow all safety requirements
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently; manage multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality work