MFA Oil Company is a growing, farmer-owned energy supply cooperative with a long record of success. Founded in 1929, we have grown to become one of the country’s leading propane, refined fuel and lubricant suppliers and we are looking for people with the right blend of experience and knowledge to join our team.
The Senior ERP Developer I position supports MFA Oil Company with existing and future development of business process functions on JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP application suite that includes Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, and Order Processing. Knowledge of all general business applications in the IT field is required. Design, program, customize, implement and maintain the business systems that help manage the company’s financial, operational, marketing, and planning functions; and, to analyze and improve business processes that further streamline operations and that add value to the company’s computerized systems. The primary objective of this position is to take a wide range of ideas, concepts, systems, and processes and integrate them into an “information system” using state of the art programming techniques. Maintenance of existing systems also required, and at times can be a major part of this person’s job responsibilities. Also provide leadership to department and team using industry and previous project experience.
We offer competitive compensation plans, profit sharing and affordable benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, join the MFA Oil team today!
MFA Oil Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
• Serves as a technology advocate and IT representative to gather business requirements from stakeholders to design, develop and modify JD Edwards EnterpriseOne:
o Financial and Operational reports and programs.
o System, module configuration and function to enhance performance
o Workflow parameters, inputs, and outputs
o Installed modules, tool sets, or ancillary applications
• Troubleshooting and resolving issues with EnterpriseOne custom reports or applications.
• Be able to interpret design specs and make the associated change to JDE applications.
• Create or update technical and business documentation.
• Develop testing procedures and conduct unit and system testing for any new or changed process in any application.
• Mentor other developers learning EnterpriseOne toolset.
• Control own projects and meet deadlines.
• Assist the Manager and other team members in the department when necessary.
• Work with employees at all levels of the company in order to seek out improvements in financial performance, customer service, internal processes, and employee productivity.
• At times, will be called upon to act as a project leader in terms of carrying out a wide range of duties associated with the systems development life cycle.
• Maximizes personal professional development to ensure continuation of a personal contribution to the team and MFA Oil Company.
• Know and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Follow posted work schedule, and adhere to proper procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Other duties as assigned
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences/Information Technologies or related field, or a high school diploma and at least 10 years of experience in systems development.
• At least 6+ years’ experience with Oracle's JDE EnterpriseOne development tool set (RDA, FDA, OMW, Etc.)
• Experience building C++ functions for cache or other uses.
• In-depth knowledge and ability to create/troubleshoot BSFNs, NERs, DSTRs, and Interactive Applications
• Handle stressful situations and pressing deadlines
• Advanced EnterpriseOne skills including BSSV, BI Publisher, UPK, and OVR.
• Project team leadership experience and classification of Subject Matter Expert
• Has technical expertise in the following functional areas:
o Distribution, Inventory, Financials, A/R, A/P, Transportation and Procurement
o Understanding of iSeries midrange servers
• Customer service skills and attitude, patience with others, a track record in developing good working relationships, but persistent in the pursuit of the goals/objectives.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Experience in communicating effectively on a departmental and cross-departmental basis.
• Should be an excellent communicator in both verbal and written forms of communications.
• Be able to think outside the box and research solutions to difficult problems
• Ability to work and keep on schedule with minimal supervision.
• High attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent analytical skills
• Ability to meet work at a fast pace and deadlines with a high degree of time management skills
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
• Must accept and embrace accountability and be comfortable working in a strong team environment.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to set priorities and goals and develop plans for achieving them.