Are you an automotive enthusiast looking for a place where you can put your mechanical skills and knowledge to good use? Our Big O Tires team may be the place for you. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to be successful and provide ample opportunities for growth and advancement. No matter where you are in your career, we can help you drive it forward.
A General Service Worker will provide a variety of support tasks to the Big O Tire operations such as transferring tires, stock and inventory tires and products, and maintain the appearance of the Big O Tire stores.
We offer competitive pay, training, paid overtime and a range of benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, apply today!
Big O Tires is a service of MFA Oil Company and is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
• Transfer tires as needed between stores and warehouses.
• Clean the shop and employee bathroom.
• Inventory warehouse merchandise.
• Maintain a clean shop, lot and employee bathroom, using company guidelines. Always clean when time allows.
• Maintain internal and external store appearance to comply with Big O Tires standards.
• Know and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Utilize and perform all duties on the company checklists to meet consistent adherence to policies, procedures and expectations.
• Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations.
• Follow posted work schedule, and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Assist in the proper training of new employees as needed.
• Safely operate customer vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions.
• Unload transport trucks and warehouse tires and cut up disposed tires and dispose to the proper area.
• Clean facilities, tools and equipment; and stock shelves.
• Complete all required training in a timely manner.
• Maintain good working relationship with all employees.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record preferred
• Comply with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) regulations
• Must be able to safely operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
• Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 75 pounds.
• Pushes a broom and/or a mop when cleaning. Must also do reaching, bending, scrubbing, etc. when performing other cleaning duties. Additionally, climb step ladder for cleaning purposes and for retrieving items.
• Vision, hearing, speech and ability to detect odors are essential.
• Job requires contact with hazardous materials, driving and working in adverse weather conditions.
• Must meet Company requirements, including successful background and MVR check, and drug test.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential
• Ability to work at a fast pace
• Ability to work weekends
• Enthusiastic Personality