MFA Oil Company is a growing, farmer-owned energy supply cooperative with a long record of success. Founded in 1929, we have grown to become one of the country’s leading propane, refined fuel and lubricant suppliers and we are looking for people with the right blend of experience and knowledge to join our team.
The Receptionist will provide front line customer service to MFA Oil customers and visitors and will operate the company telephone switchboard and greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate personnel.
We offer competitive compensation plans, profit sharing and affordable benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, join the MFA Oil team today!
MFA Oil Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
• Efficiently operate company switchboard. Answer incoming telephone calls and transfer to the appropriate department in a timely and professional manner. Take accurate messages for company personnel when necessary.
• Courteously receive visitors and refer them to appropriate company personnel.
• Receive payments from customers and issue receipts when necessary.
• Accept mail for company personnel and release items to individuals that come in and sign for them.
• Report all telephone mechanical issues to Network Operations.
• Maintain the MFA Oil Company telephone directory.
• Process address changes for customer accounts.
• Inactivate/reactivate customer accounts as requested by field locations.
• Verify membership cards are tagged correctly on customer’s accounts.
• Organize and file company posting journals.
• Provide support to the team by assisting others as required meeting team deadlines.
• Maintain good working relationship with all employees.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Know and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Follow posted work schedule and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers.
• Keep supervisor informed of any problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Proficient computer skills and familiar with Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of JDEdwards’s programs preferred.
• Must have good knowledge of company structure, operations, departments and personnel to facilitate handling of calls and receiving visitors.
• Must be skillful in operating electronic switchboard.
• Good working knowledge of basic accounting principles and office procedures. Knowledge of good workflow principles.
• Excellent organizational and creative problem solving skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Enthusiastic Personality.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of time management skills.
• Able to perform detail work with accuracy.
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential.
• Ability to work at a fast pace.
• Ability to set priorities and goals and develop plans for achieving them.