Are you an automotive enthusiast looking for a place where you can put your mechanical skills and knowledge to good use? Our Big O Tires team may be the place for you. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to be successful and provide ample opportunities for growth and advancement. No matter where you are in your career, we can help you drive it forward.
A Mechanic will be responsible for performing the required mechanical duties in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with all company programs, policies and procedures.
We offer competitive pay, training and a range of benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, apply today!
Big O Tires is a service of MFA Oil Company and is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer
• Performs all brake, front end and alignment maintenance as well as mechanical work in accordance with all company programs, policies, and procedures.
• Train and coach other employees in accordance with all company programs, policies and procedures.
• Maintains the orderly flow of customer service assignment to ensure productivity.
• Ensures that Big O’s Extra Care Services are extended to all customers.
• Responsible for the proper diagnosis and repair of all customers’ vehicles, performing quality control of all shop functions.
• Attends weekly store meetings to review safety issues, store policies, procedures, and product information changes as required.
• Assists in the organizing, documenting, and processing of all adjustments and core credits.
• Works with store management to ensure the successful accomplishment of budgeted service related quotas.
• Ensures that all appropriate information for completed work is given to the counter personnel for inclusion in final invoicing.
• Utilizes the company outside purchase program to ensure maximum profitability.
• Ensures the consistent execution of the vehicle inspection program.
• Achieves established service, sales and productivity goals.
• Assists management in the orientation and training of all new personnel.
• Complete all required training in a timely manner.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in an automotive shop environment preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year experience as a service technician
• Obtain ASE certifications as required by management within required time frame
• Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record preferred.
• Comply with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) regulations.
• Must be able to safely operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
• Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 75 pounds.
• Vision, hearing, speech and ability to detect odors are essential.
• Job requires contact with hazardous materials, driving and working in adverse weather conditions.
• Must meet Company requirements, including successful background and MVR check, and drug test.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Ability to follow instruction from your supervisor.
• Able to follow all safety requirements
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential
• Ability to work at a fast pace
• Ability to work weekends
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Sales abilities
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently; manage multiple tasks and
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality work