MFA Oil Company is a growing, farmer-owned energy supply cooperative with a long record of success. Founded in 1929, we have grown to become one of the country’s leading propane, refined fuel and lubricant suppliers and we are looking for people with the right blend of experience and knowledge to join our team.
The Network Administrator I will act as a resource for all network communications systems needs including: installation, configuration, data back-up requirements, support, data/network security, network performance, and troubleshooting. Network communications systems include routers, switches, modems, cabling systems and topology, telephony systems and protocols, all circuits and all virtual networking infrastructure.
Secondary functions include working in coordination with System Administrators in server and storage infrastructure as required. Server/storage infrastructure includes all company-wide PC’s, hand-held’s, laptops, servers and PC-based point of sale systems. This role provides secondary management, troubleshooting and implementation of new back office systems such as email, database, active directory and scripting on such systems.
We offer competitive compensation plans, profit sharing and affordable benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, join the MFA Oil team today!
MFA Oil Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
• Act as primary resource for management, implementation support, and troubleshooting of all telephony systems, including VOIP systems across the company.
• Manage a network of firewalls, routers, modems, switches, internet connectivity, and cabling, maintaining a schedule of after-hours emergency call availability.
• Support the design, configure and maintain LAN-based and WAN-based networks.
• Work in coordination with security team and senior network administrators to maintain network and perimeter security for all networking systems, including virtual networking and firewall systems.
• Support in the planning, managing, and troubleshooting of all types of circuit interconnectivity, such as VPN tunnels, MPLS, etc.
• Provide remote administration, implementation and management of all distributed systems in a large geographic footprint.
• Implement new application systems as needed and approved. Research new solutions and problems as necessary.
• Support the management of the VMWare ESXi/vSphere/vCops server infrastructure, including any host systems or physical servers/chassis.
• Provide administration of any/all server and workstation systems, including backups, updates, database, internet server, scripting, FTP and email systems as required.
• Ensure that all systems are secured and that data integrity is maintained at all times.
• Support all software/hardware/server systems and peripheral systems maintaining a schedule of after-hours emergency call availability.
• Travel to remote sites or training as needed, including overnight, not to exceed 50% travel.
• Helpdesk support and Tier II break/fix support as needed.
• Other duties as required.
• Know and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Follow posted work schedule, and adhere to proper procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum two years college or equivalent experience required, with a preference for an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable discipline.
• A combination of education/certifications and experience roughly equaling four or more years in Information Technology with at least two years of experience/education in the above network administration primary disciplines.
• Great customer service skills and attitude, patience with others, a track record in developing good working relationships, but persistent in the pursuit of the goals/objectives.
• Understand the need for change management and a structured system for technological implementations and management.
• Basic knowledge of networking systems is necessary.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Experience in communicating effectively on a departmental and cross-departmental basis.
• Should be an excellent communicator in both verbal and written forms of communications.
• Be able to think outside the box and research solutions to difficult problems
• Ability to work and keep on schedule with minimal supervision.
• High attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent analytical skills
• Ability to meet work at a fast pace and deadlines with a high degree of time management skills
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
• Must accept and embrace accountability and be comfortable working in a strong team environment.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to set priorities and goals and develop plans for achieving them.