MFA Oil Company is a growing, farmer-owned energy supply cooperative with a long record of success. Founded in 1929, we have grown to become one of the country’s leading propane, refined fuel and lubricant suppliers and we are looking for people with the right blend of experience and knowledge to join our team.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
We offer competitive compensation plans, profit sharing and affordable benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, join the MFA Oil team today!
MFA Oil Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
• Conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design.
• Develop analysis and reporting capabilities
• Work with the business to identify strategic business requirements for reporting, KPI’s, etc.
• Train business users on visualization tools in order for them to understand their data
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct issues
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
• Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
• Coordinate, track, and report on the progress work assignments and/or projects.
• Know and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Follow posted work schedule, and adhere to proper procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep supervisor informed of any problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or Statistics
• Six years of proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc.), databases (SQL etc.)
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets is a plus (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
• Experience using interactive data visualization BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Experience in communicating effectively on a departmental and cross-departmental basis.
• Ability to work and keep on schedule with minimal supervision.
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
• Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports in charts, graphs, and table format
• Ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of time management skills
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential
• Able to perform detail work with accuracy
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to work at a fast pace.
• Ability to set priorities and goals and develop plans for achieving them.