**THIS POSITION WILL COVER THE NORTHWEST ARKANSAS, SOUTHEAST KANSAS, AND NORTHEAST OKLAHOMA AREA**
This position is NOT based in Columbia out of the corporate home office.
MFA Oil Company is a growing, farmer-owned energy supply cooperative with a long record of success. Founded in 1929, we have grown to become one of the country’s leading propane, refined fuel and lubricant suppliers and we are looking for people with the right blend of experience and knowledge to join our team.
This position is responsible for developing business for MFA Oil’s extensive product lines and services, maintaining relationships with the staff and customers of all MFA Oil retail locations, developing and securing new fuel, propane and lubricant customers, providing the best combination of products and services to MFA Oil customers and assisting the sales force in any way. The position will also assist the Marketing department, laboratory and Moberly Business Support Campus to resolve customer service issues.
We offer competitive compensation plans and affordable benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, join the MFA Oil team today!
MFA Oil Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer
• Make sales calls and actively work to secure new customers; direct 80% of time and efforts to active sales calls and prospecting; and compile accurate sales tracking reports and forms.
• Be knowledgeable about all MFA Oil products and services and attend training on new products.
• Understand technical documents as related to fuels and lubricants.
• Work directly with the Manager of Business Development and/or Director of Marketing and Director of Product Development & Lubricant Sales to develop strategies to meet customer needs.
• Work closely with the distribution centers on customer products and equipment.
• Provide training and training programs to company employees on MFA Oil products.
• Present positive image as the commercial and industrial fuel/lubricant specialist on sales.
• Maintain good working relationship with all district managers.
• Assist in quality control for retail locations.
• Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep management informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
• Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties and store operations.
• Ensure the proper training of employees.
• Attend and participate in all required training.
• Know, adhere and enforce company policies and procedures.
• Handle complaints courteously and efficiently according to company policy.
• Work with Dispatch and customer service representatives to assure that customers’ needs are being met.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or three to five years of experience in sales and/or management.
• Valid class “E” driver’s license.
• Must travel and stay overnight, as needed.
• Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 100 pounds.
• Must be able to work independently, set priorities and goals and develop plans for achieving them.
• Must be able to work under timelines and pressure.
• Must have good public relations skills, be able to communicate well with current and prospective customers and coworkers.
• Must be able to motivate others in the importance of product quality compliance.